One of the most frequent questions we get is which mode of cannabidiol is best to take for a specific condition. We definitely recommend a broad or full spectrum CBD product, and our sublingual tinctures and water soluble products are both excellent, but your body will respond to these a little bit differently.
Our SunMed sublingual tinctures utilize a supercritical C02 extraction method, and the 100+ cannabinoids (dominantly CBD) and cannabis terpenes are suspended into a pure MCT oil to create a sublingual CBD oil that is as as bioavailable as possible when held under the tongue. The liver will still break down the cannabinoids, but the oil will remain in the body for a longer period of time.
Our industry leading water soluble formula uses ultrasound and emulsification to separate the oils into incredibly small particle sizes (< 0.005 microns). This allows for a better uptake of the cannabinoids, and helps avoids the liver’s first pass elimination.
Water Soluble CBD Pros
- Quick absorption in the body; a more powerful, more noticeable effect. Each milligram of a water soluble CBD will absorb better in the human body by a factor of about 3 – 4 relative to our sublingual tinctures. (Other manufacturers claim 4 to 10x, but they are assuming a subpar oil or edible as their basis claim)
- Crosses the blood brain barrier more effectively due to its formulation
- Faster, stronger effect. Can even be applied topically if needed (thought our topical cream is better formulated for that purpose)
Sublingual CBD Oil Pros
- Steadier, more constant uptake of cannabinoids in the body, but more subtle / less effective, definitely needs to be dosed regularly for a week or two before altering the dose if searching for more effect.
- According to one study, women may respond better than men to sublingual.
Both our water soluble and sublingual oils are great options, but we really recommend our customers start with water soluble CBD first due to it’s unique advantages and better value. You may want to experiment with both to see which provides you with the best value and effect. Remember, with either, dose regularly and consistently for best results, and be sure to let us know which works better for you!