If you’re new to CBD dosing, the rule of thumb is to start low on your dosage, but dose regularly! According to research, a week of dosage may be required for the best results compared to a higher, one time dose. If you decide to go with 1/2 dropper to start, place it right under your tongue, hold it there for 2 minutes, and swallow the rest. (Our CBD oil tastes really good, you won’t mind!)
Dose regularly, morning and evening, and use a log to measure how you feel or how many episodes you notice. After a week, consider raising your dose slightly, and again, measure your response.
Cannabidiol is generally understood to not build tolerance, so once you find your effective dose, you should be ok to continue at that dose! If you feel your dosage is no longer effective, consider lowering your dosage a little bit, staying consistent, to see if your condition is worsening or your body is experiencing what some are labeling as the ‘reverse tolerance’ phenomenon.
Other factors to consider
- Men may need a higher dose than women, but that’s not always the case in our experience.
- General rule of thumb is that a higher body weight will require a higher dose, but based on research from metabolism of other drugs, ‘lean weight’ is probably a better estimate of dosage, e.g., what you would weigh if you had a low body fat percentage.
- Some studies have indicated that higher doses of cannabidiol may be required for potential symptom control
- Experiment with our water soluble if you haven’t had success with sublingual CBD oil; its unique absorption and faster uptake may affect you more noticeably.
- Holding under the tongue for longer than two minutes (heard some go to 15!) and swishing around once in a while may absorb more cannabinoids.
- Taking after a meal may help the swallowed portion of the oil be a little more bioavailable
Need a recommendation? Email or chat us – we can tell you what our customers are using for a specific condition / symptom control!
All of our bottles right now are 30Ml to make things easy, and all have marked droppers so you can stay consistent. Here’s a handy table that breaks down our different bottles. Remember, we lab-test guarantee these numbers.
|Per full dropper