One of the most frequent questions we get is which mode of cannabidiol is best to take for a specific condition. We definitely recommend a broad or full spectrum CBD product, and our sublingual tinctures and water soluble products are both excellent, but your body will respond to these a little bit differently. Note that we are not stating a cure or treatment for any specific disease or condition, but based on our customer usage and studies we have a recommended approach.
Our SunMed sublingual tinctures utilize a supercritical C02 extraction method, and the 100+ cannabinoids (dominantly CBD) and cannabis terpenes are suspended into a pure MCT oil to create a sublingual CBD oil that is as as bioavailable as possible when held under the tongue. The liver will still break down the cannabinoids, but the oil will remain in the body for a longer period of time.
Our industry leading water soluble formula uses ultrasound and emulsification to separate the oils into incredibly small particle sizes (< 0.005 microns). This allows for a better uptake of the cannabinoids, and helps avoids the liver’s first pass elimination.
Water Soluble CBD Pros
- Quick absorption in the body; a more powerful, more noticeable effect. Each milligram of a water soluble CBD will absorb better in the human body by a factor of about 3 – 4 relative to our sublingual tinctures. (Other manufacturers claim 4 to 10, but they are assuming a subpar oil to begin with)
- Crosses the blood brain barrier more effectively due to its formulation, and may have better potential application for epilepsy, Schizophrenia, tremors, Parkinsons, and other cognitive and neuro-related conditions. (We are not claiming to treat or cure any of these diseases)
- We and our customers have noticed a fast, stronger pain relief with the water soluble, even when dripped on the skin for some types of pain.
Sublingual CBD Oil Pros
- Steadier, more constant uptake of cannabinoids in the body. Many with chronic conditions choose the sublingual CBD oil to help the body reach a new / different homeostasis
- May target the stomach or parts of the gastrointestinal system better than the water soluble formulation, as the swallowed portion of the oil will continue through the GI tract.
Both our water soluble and sublingual oils are great options. You may want to experiment with both to see which provides you with the best value. Remember, with either, dose regularly and consistently for best results, and be sure to let us know which works better for you!